|The Biological Dentistry Oral-Rejuvenation Program for ORAL PRACTITIONERS|
A Self-Help Modular Health Program
Optimal Oral Health for Life
THOMAS J. LOKENSGARD DDS NMD ABAAHP
THE BIOLOGICAL DENTISTRY PROGRAM INCLUDES:
The complete program including 7 Clinical Modules which are available as e-books to members who have signed up for the membership website and an additional 7-patient intake modules.
The Core Seven Step Program includes:
- BIOLOGICAL DENTISTRY, NF-k Beta and SILENT INFLAMMATION
- FACIAL REJUVENATION and COSMETIC DENTISTRY
- ORTHOPAEDIC ORTHODONTICS and FACIAL GROWTH
- TMD, HEADACHES, APPLIANCES and MOUTHGUARDS
- DENTURES, IMPLANTS and RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY
- NATURAL NUTRIENT REGIMENS for DENTISTRY
- SNORING, INSOMNIA and OSA SPLINTS
ALSO, INCLUDES 7-RELATED PRACTICE SUB-MODULES for the Biological Clinician
- Whole Body Detoxification
- Financial and Insurance Documents
- Referral and Self-Help Documents
- All Consent forms
- Read Your Own Labs
- Periodontal and Ozone Therapies
- Remineralization Therapies for Teeth and Bone
Orthosilic Acid as a major form of bioavailable silicon for both humans and animals, has not been given adequate attention so far. Silicon has already been associated with bone mineralization, collagen synthesis, skin, hair and nails health atherosclerosis, Alzheimer disease, immune system enhancement, and with some other disorders or pharmacological effects. -Nutrition and Metabolism, January 8th, 2013
Bio-available Silidyn® Ortho Silicic Acid (OSA) is a superior form of silicon that has been developed to contribute to the effective support and healthy maintenance of hair, skin, bones, tendons, ligaments and cartilage. Ortho Silicic Acid (OSA) has a high absorption rate and has a positive effect on muscle tone, joint mobility, collagen production, improved hair, skin and nails and detoxification of toxic metals.
When it comes to remineralization and anti-aging, we highly recommend Silidyn as a source of ortho-silic acid.
“The early cellular detection and diagnostic program that emphasizes a healthy lifestyle.”
Protect your Number 1 Asset, YOUR HEALTH, YOUR LIFE !
A COMPLETE PROGRAM for OBTAINING and
MAINTAINING OPTIMAL ORAL HEALTH and
WELLNESS for practitioners.
HOW TO READ YOUR OWN LABS, BIO-INFLAMMATORY MARKERS
- Your Anti-Aging Report Card
- How to Read Your Own Lab Results
- The New Anti-Aging Biomarkers
- Diabetes, Blood, Sugar Control
- Laboratory Values and Optimal Ranges
- Bio-Inflammation marker listing
- Laboratory and Testing Protocols
ORTHOPAEDIC ORTHODONTICS and FACIAL GROWTH
- Migraine and Headache Control
- What is Facial Orthopaedics
- What’s Wrong with Having Crooked Teeth
- Early Interceptive Treatment
- Natural Periodontal Protocol
- The Advantages of Expansion Orthodontics
SNORING, OSA and APPLIANCES
- Sleep, Snoring and useful remedies
- OSA and Insomnia Program
- Arthritis Prevention Program Natural Cholesterol and Cardiac Health
- Mitochondrial and Energy Support
- What is Biological Dentistry
- Detoxification and Heavy Metal Toxicity Program
- Restless Leg Syndrome
TMD, HEADACHES and SPLINT THERAPY
- Fibromyalgia Program
- General Detoxification Program
- Immune Function and Immune Balancing Protocol
- Preventive Healthcare Tips for Kids
- Periodontal-Oral Inflammation Program
- TMJ-TMD Protocol
- Splint Therapies that Really Work
To complete this list, there would be hundreds of articles. This is just a small example of what is in this program.
THE MOST INTRICATE MACHINE
An Amazing DNA Creation
In the 1950’s James Watson and Dr. Francis Crick made one of the most important discoveries ever. It was the key to lifecalled DNA (Deoxyribo- Nucleic Acid). This is the living blueprint, the key to living systems and cellular reproduction.
Dr. Crick, an atheist, using mathematical probability analysis, determined the probability of one DNA molecule arising spontaneously to be 1X’s 10 to the 40,000 power. 1X’s 10 to the 50th power is considered a mathematical impossibility. He remained an atheist, as he then launched the theory of “Panspermia”, wherein aliens came to earth and impregnated the human female species. Pretty amazing!
THE LIVING BLUEPRINT vs. THE BUILDING BLUEPRINT
Consider this: A building is constructed from a set of paper sketches, telling the construction crew the design of the building, the materials, the electrical schematic, plumbing, doors, windows, etc. It’s built to spec, has a useful life, housing people, businesses, and residents. It has to be painted, cleaned and repaired on a periodic basis during its useful lifespan which is usually a couple of hundred years on the average.
Eventually, it rusts or rots and decays into a pile of useless rubble until another similar structure takes its place using a different set of blueprints. In this case, however, the beach sand stays put!
The ocean salt water contributes to negative ion generation, or “Earthing”, and the sand helps with alkalinity, proper voltage (grounding) and the detoxification process.
THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD ALWAYS GO BAREFOOT ALONG THE BEACH.
You’ll learn all about this in The Detoxification Module
On the Other Hand,
We Have the Living DNA Cellular Blueprint
Which Looks Like This:
Two living cells, each with their own unique set of DNA blueprint instructions, meet then merge into one cell then start dividing into 2 cells, then 4, 8, 16, 32 and continue growing, dividing and multiplying. There are multiple growth phases as the individual reaches, say 20 years or so, at which time the cells are pre-programmed to slow down the ANABOLIC or growth phase and begin the maintenance phase.
Growth then continues until it reaches maturity. The bony skeleton has great strength for its size and weight. It stops growing around 20 years of age, yet continues to heal itself when injured throughout its lifetime. At a certain predetermined time, each cell is pre-programmed or set to self-destruct. This is determined by your genetics and is beginning of the CATABOLIC phase. You will learn about this in Module-7.
This is the pre-programmed cell death or cellular apoptosis phase. It is signaled by the genetic switches and genes that are programmed to turn on at certain times in the life of the organism.
The DNA blueprint is programmed to:
- Grow for 20 years, reach maturity, then stop growing and maintain itself
- Move and rest
- Think and breathe
- Reproduce and procreate
- Talk and laugh
- Reason and inquire
- Feel and exhibit emotion
- Heal and repair itself
- Cellular apoptosis, each cell in your body has a pre-determined
DNA end point or death.
Copyright © 2017 by Dr. Thomas J. Lokensgard
All rights reserved. Printed in the United States of America. No part of this book
may be reproduced in any form, or by any electronic or mechanical means, including
information storage and retrieval systems, without the permission in writing from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
This program is not intended as a substitute for the medical advice of physicians, dentists, chiropractors or naturopaths. The reader should regularly consult his or her primary provider, in matters relating to his or her health and particularly with respect to any symptoms that may require diagnosis or medical attention. The information provided in this program is designed to provide helpful information on the subjects discussed.
The Biological Dentistry Program
A Self- Help Modular Health Program
The Early Cellular Detection and Diagnostic Self-Help Program that
Emphasizes a Healthy Lifestyle
A Step by Step Approach for Practitioners and Your Patients
Table of Contents
THE BIOLOGICAL DENTISTRY PROGRAM
The “ORAL-REJUV” Program
Welcome to the Biological Dentistry Program
Thank you for choosing The BIOLOGICAL DENTISTRY PROGRAM to start your wellness journey. A pledge on your part, to change your oral health and balance your body’s system’s is a huge commitment. I believe this decision is extremely important and remain equally committed to your success.
I believe that you will see dramatic results as you continue along. This is an educational, as well as a clinical experience with your chosen provider. Should you have any questions, please contact us anytime at our web address: www.HolisticdentistryTn.com
Working together, this program’s methodology treats the whole person, not just your symptoms. Starting with your mouth, it focuses on finding the causes of your health concerns, through metabolic testing and symptom checklists. Optimization of your oral system then becomes the focus by applying the appropriate dietary, dental and nutraceutical measures.
“For each and every pharmaceutical solution to a symptom, there is an equal and in most cases a better natural solution”
This includes, naturally balancing your digestive function and inflammatory mediators. It also includes a detoxification protocol. Think in terms of WHOLE BODY SYSTEMS. This is extremely important! It is also the basis of this program.
The Biological Dentistry Modules incorporate the best of anti-aging protocols and procedures, alongside a holistic approach, to ignite your body’s natural ability to heal itself. This program also relies on anti-aging laboratories that utilize more accurate and optimal ranges for measuring bio-inflammatory markers.
The lab ranges used in allopathic medicine are much too broad and are much less diagnostic.
Good luck to you in your wellness journey.
Thank you again!
Yours for better health,
Dr. Thomas J. Lokensgard
EALTH BEGINS IN YOUR MOUTH!
“You Cannot Have a Healthy Body Without A Healthy Mouth”!
I just saw a commercial TV ad with some lady talking about having a “smart mouth” of some sort. Seems as though it was a bad breath commercial, but it got me to thinking. THERE IS A DEEPER MESSAGE HERE, which is, your MOUTH is the WINDOW TO YOUR BODY. It is the beginning of your digestive tract, the enzymatic functioning process, immune detection system, metabolic food processing and inflammatory control center, just for starters.
As you might envision, everything you put in your mouth must be broken down into its amino acid, saccharide, and lipid component parts. (protein, sugar, and fat). This is an amazingly complex process requiring a lot of sequential steps. This is just the beginning. The really cool thing is the more you know about the process the healthier you can and should become. Not only is this a physiological process, but an educational one as well.
The process itself requires, probiotics, enzymes, proper pH, cellular signaling, co-factors, correct functioning of the nervous system, macro and micro nutrients, minerals, proper mucosal barrier functioning, and lots of energy in the useable form of ATP.
If these systems aren’t operating at optimum capacity, you are in trouble and you may not even know it. Secondly, this is precisely why you need to go to a BIOLOGICAL or HOLISTIC DENTISTRY CLINIC like ours. What interferes with this process?
- STRESS, it messes with everything and increases fros, (free radical oxidative stress).
- Heavy Metal Toxicity, increases gut inflammation which decreases nutrient absorption
- Periodontal Disease, interferes with cognitive, cardiovascular and inflammatory systems
- INCREASING AGE, screws up everything! I’m just sayin’, much more on this.
- A Weakened Immune System, increases autoimmune disease.
- Poor Nutrition, spelled junk, fast, processed, low-fat (means high sugar), poor protein quality, ALL-NATURAL, yup that’s right, they are usually lying, modified, GMO, boxed, micro-waveable, frozen or canned.
- SUGAR, SUGAR & MORE SUGAR, Sorry but true! This includes too much alcohol.
- Nutrient Deficiencies, Co Q-10, Mg+, Zn+, Selenium and IODINE, just to name a few.
- Environmental Toxins, too many too mention.
The Heart-Periodontal Link
Periodontal health has been closely tied to vascular health in many studies since the Harvard Medical School established the link in 2001. Suboptimal periodontal health occurs when specific types of bacteria proliferate in the gums and mouth, causing imbalanced inflammatory responses. The good news is that today we can test you for these specific bacteria.
Many fascinating studies are showing that good oral health is linked to optimal cardiovascular function, blood sugar metabolism, and even cognitive health. Suboptimal periodontal health directly activates inflammatory genetic switches, such as nuclear factor kappa Beta (NF-kB), which impacts endothelial cell layers in the blood vasculature.
This is a very big deal! This is the genetic switch that turns on ALL INFLAMMATION ! .
This periodontal-related imbalanced inflammatory response leads to effects on various parts of the body including the heart, brain, liver and kidneys. Blood sugar metabolism also affects periodontal health.
Periodontal health is therefore linked to wide-reaching aspects of overall health. The goal of these modules is to help you achieve OPTIMAL and TOTAL BODY HEALTH.
“Our health is our number one asset. We must protect it”
Topics that are Very Important for You to Know
- There is a relationship between sleep apnea and cancer tumor increase
- People who routinely skip breakfast are much heavier than those that don’t, why?
- Silent Inflammation is the root cause of chronic degenerative disease and it starts in your mouth
- You must eat more protein as you age but your ability to digest it greatly declines
- You should not drink water with your meals, especially cold water, really?
- Free radical oxidative stress, occurs when you overeat, (this is REALLY BAD STUFF)!
- People who chew their carbohydrates well, convert more of the sugar into energy and as a result stay thinner
- Mercury toxicity: shuts off HCL production in the stomach and increases your autoimmune dysfunction. It also interferes with normal thyroid and gut functioning
“Optimal Oral Health for Life”
“YOUR MOUTH IS THE WINDOW TO YOUR BODY”
The most common disease state in the world is dental decay. The second is periodontal disease. The connection between cardiovascular disease and periodontal disease has been firmly established.
If your dentistry team has diagnosed inflammation in your mouth, you also have unchecked chronic inflammation in your body. This can lead to a myriad of unhealthy, nagging symptoms, such as:
- cardiovascular disease
- digestive issues
- bad breath
- weight gain
- memory loss
This can be the beginning of more serious health conditions such as:
- cardiovascular disease
- accelerated aging
- hormonal imbalance
- Pancreatic and other Cancers
- Low birth-weight babies
This can be reversed or slowed by beginning with some healthy lifestyle changes.
Where do I start?
Take responsibility for your health. Understand the basics of a healthy lifestyle and eating habits.
Here are some key things you need to do to take the necessary steps to make better decisions on your road to health. This is where you start.
Help yourself to make better decisions by starting this program:
YOUR HEALTH STARTS IN YOUR MOUTH!
Poison in Your Mouth
Only you can take care of your body!!!
We’ve all read the seafood warnings: “The FDA recommends that women who are pregnant…limit consumption of certain seafood’s due to the risk of high mercury levels.” So we know that mercury is toxic and we shouldn’t eat it. But what about mercury that’s already in your mouth… permanently?
If you have amalgam fillings in your mouth (the silver kind) you have mercury embedded in your teeth, right next to your blood brain barrier. Mercury is at its most toxic when the filling is placed or when mercury vapor is released into the mouth via chewing, drinking hot drinks, etc.
So: you could still be inhaling the vapor even if the fillings were placed decades ago.
Still not sure how toxic it might be? Dentists have been using amalgam fillings since the 1800′s, so it can’t be too bad, right? Wrong. The FDA recently released this warning: Dental amalgams “contain mercury, which may have neurotoxic effects on the nervous system…”
MERCURY SCIENTIFIC FACTS
Removing mercury fillings makes a person healthier if you do it correctly! Mercury accumulates gradually in the fatty tissues and that means the brain. Many practitioners are not trained to look in the mouth when treating syndromes such as, lupus, autism, CFS, fibromyalgia, MS, etc. The ADA’s position on the subject is that there is no correlation between poor health and mercury. That is a little like saying, there is no correlation between low-hanging dark clouds and rain. The NIDR’s position is that studies on the subject are now beginning. The NIDR is the FDA’s research arm for dentistry. REMEMBER: absence of proof is not proof of absence.
Dentistry Today Volume,29, NO.2
- Mercury is released out of every silver filling immediately upon implantation and continues to release through the filling in vapor and gas form.
- Every filling implanted in the teeth contains 43%-55% pure elemental mercury.
- There is no safe level of mercury
- 10 fillings =’s, 5 grams of mercury. They leak HG the whole time they reside in your mouth
- 1 microgram, or 1 millionth of a gram contains 3 trillion Mercury atoms.
- Scientific documentation has demonstrated that there is an absorption rate of 80% or more of inhaled mercury vapor.
- Heavy metals cross the placental barrier and end up in the cord blood
- Latest scientific facts from autopsies show the number of amalgam fillings in the mouth correlates with the amount of mercury found in the brain tissue, pituitary, thyroid, adrenal glands and kidneys. Also, lesions on the brain and in the spinal column where discs literally have fused together from the mercury.
- Heavy Metal removal frees up the immune system
- Science has well documented that mercury causes various metabolic physiologic changes in living tissue and organs, including SUPPRESSION OF THE IMMUNE FUNCTION.
- Science has shown that chronic exposure to minute doses of mercury will cause an accumulation of mercury to occur during the life time of the organism. This is due to the slow rate of elimination of mercury from the body.
- Mercury and its various compounds cross the placental membrane in concentrated measure and are taken up by the embryo and fetus. There is evidence that the fetal brain levels of mercury are 30% greater than maternal blood levels of mercury.
- Significant quantities of mercury can be passed to the nursing child through the mother’s milk.
- Mercury(Hg) can produce diseases of insidious onset which may be delayed as much as 20 years or more from initial exposure. (body threshold is the key)
- High levels of mercury have been found in the brains of Alzheimer’s victims.
- Today, only 3 States have Hg warning labels on amalgam fillings
- WE PERFORM A VERY SAFE and EFFECTIVE Hg- REMOVAL TECHNIQUE, …..IAOMT.COM
Mercury amalgam fillings, also known as “silver amalgam” fillings, are made up of 43-50 % mercury, one of the most toxic substances known to man. Mercury vapors are released from these fillings twenty-four hours a day, and the act of chewing releases even more of these toxic fumes.
Safe mercury amalgam removal from the mouth is critical! If you have these types of fillings, and you elect to have them removed, make sure your dentist knows, understands and follows all safety protocols for the removal of mercury from the mouth. Improper removal may result in the greatest exposure you’ve ever had at any point in your life.
Safe mercury removal and mercury amalgam replacement begins with an understanding of what mercury is and what makes it so harmful to humans. Mercury in its natural state is an element that is a liquid metal. This silvery looking liquid metal is somewhat stable in this elemental form. You could probably swallow this liquid elemental metal without any noticeable adverse effects.
However, when it turns into a vapor or gives off the invisible gas form of mercury, it becomes potentially very deadly–so much so that many scientists consider mercury vapor as one of the most toxic substances.
Mercury vapor readily combines with fat rich tissues (the lining of every cell membrane and neurological tissue, especially the brain). When it binds to sulfur (breakdown products of bacterial activity) it becomes methyl mercury, it’s more deadly form.
That’s why when dentists defend mercury and their filling’s, they refer to the safer elemental mercury and don’t know that the fillings release vapor, especially with heat and chewing; and when it combines with methyl products of bacterial activity in the mouth, it can be fatal. Deadly methyl mercury vapor may be formed by air turbine dental drills, producing tremendous amounts of heat from friction.
Therefore, when removing mercury amalgam dental fillings, it becomes very important to follow safety protocols and assess each individual patient to protect them from toxic exposure; reduce any mercury vapor during the procedure; and aid them in eliminating this toxic element from the body.
Dentists who do not believe that mercury amalgam fillings are potentially harmful should be avoided as they most likely will do nothing to protect you. Even many dentists that believe mercury fillings are bad and may not place them, still do not adequately practice safe mercury removal protocols.
See the IAOMT website for further details.
Remember… Early detection is NOT prevention!
THE IMPORTANCE OF MERCURY AMALGAM REMOVAL
The purpose of removing mercury amalgam from your teeth is to eliminate a major source of heavy metal toxins and thus inflammation from entering your body’s biosystem. However, the removal of mercury amalgam is potentially extremely dangerous to you, me, and my staff. It is also dangerous Tto the environment if certain proven safety measures are not followed. The IAOMT protocol that is used includes, most if not all, of the following:
- Supplements to include cleansing foods and immune boosters, you may begin any time prior to your appointment
- A water tight rubber barrier flossed around the necks of the teeth
- A saliva ejector placed under the barrier to remove mercury vapor
- A high speed suction placed next to the tooth called clean-ups
- Rather than drilling the mercury indiscriminately, we section and remove the filling in chunks
- A high volume Dent-Air-Vacuum placed next to your chin (Elephant trunk) **
- A negative ion generator placed behind the chair to bind up any mercury vapor that escapes the vacuums
- Copious amounts of water sprayed at the amalgam to keep it cool
- Available medical oxygen delivered through a N2O monitoring system mask
- Strict observation of the 7-day cycle and midline rules
- Sequential removal of the most electrically negatively charged fillings first (Rita-meter testing)
- A mercury trap is in place that contains 99+% of mercury waste to ensure environmental friendliness
These steps are taken to provide your body with the least amount of
mercury exposure possible thus allowing the best possible chance of
an improvement to your health.
** Our equipment has been tested by NASA mercury vapor test equipment and has been shown to be 100% effective at capturing any expelled Mercury vapor.
“Those who want to
help will find a way, those who don’t will find an excuse”
THE BIOLOGICAL DENTISTRY PROGRAM
How this Self-Help Program was Born
With so much confusion over what some refer to as health care delivery, the current medical model concept, most definitely needs major revision. What has taken the place of personal responsibility for one’s health is an expensive, ineffective, bureaucracy that is paid for by some distant third party payor.
Thus, no one knows what health care is really costing our society. This program will begin a journey for you to unravel the mystery of what true health really is, just as it has done for me.
It is now time that you take control of your own healthcare and your practice as government has proven time and again that it cannot help you out in a crisis situation.
HIPPOCRATES said over 2,000 years ago, ” Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food”. This is an idea that has been lost through the Ages. Same thing with naturopathy, homeopathy, natural cancer and cardiac cure’s to name just a few. What has taken the place of personal responsibility for one’s health is an over-the-top expensive, ineffective, bureaucratic machine that is paid for by some distant third party payor. Thus, no one ever knows what health care is really costing our society.
REMEMBER… YOUR HEALTH IS YOUR NUMBER ONE ASSET. YOU MUST PROTECT IT!!!
SO, HOW DID THIS PROGRAM COME INTO BEING?
In the middle of the 1990’s I began to realize that something was missing in traditional medicine and dentistry. I began to question the inherent logic of throwing pharmaceutical drugs at every symptom that a patient had. At that time clinicians, it seemed to me, had not made the connection between optimal health and nutrition. This began my journey into, “what does nutrition have to do with it?” I made a trip to Nashville after joining the ANA and discovered a group of MD’s, DDS’s, and DC’s that were plugged into a nutritional- medical model that was fascinating. I immediately bought in and it changed my life.
A month later, as I was attending a nutritional seminar, the speaker said something very powerful. It hit me that the piece that was lacking in the medical puzzle was nutritionally-based yet medically- missing. He said, “There is a battle being waged, but it’s not against your doctor or the medical establishment. The battle is being waged in the GROCERY STORE.” I thought about this for years and have finally concluded this speaker was correct. This was well before I’d ever heard of GMO foods or really understood much about nutrition. So fast forward a bit. I sold my dentistry practice in Minnesota and spent three years earning my NMD degree in Birmingham, Alabama. I then joined the A4M, pursued board certification and fellowship status which really tied it all together for me. Since that time my passion has only grown. This program is the fruit of that passion.
Today we are bombarded with medical misinformation brought to you by way of deceptive TV advertising and pseudo agribusiness. Numerous studies abound promoting GMO foods and Big Pharmaceuticals.
It is well past the time that we need to OWN RESPONSIBILITY for our own personal health.
The good news is that there are a few forward-thinking and practicing doctors out there who have the same passion I do for natural health.
To this end you’ll need…
- Knowledge based in factual science
- Commitment and follow-through
- Personal responsibility
This program will…
- Teach you optimal oral health and oral disease prevention
- Teach you the key components which are module-based that are intricately linked
- Teach you WHOLE BODY SYSTEMS and their intricate connections to oral health
- Show you the basic testing panels that you need to optimize your oral health
- Show you how important the control of SILENT INFLAMMATION is to your health and how Inflammation is the centerpiece to your well-being
- Provide the symptom checklists for you and your patients
Medical knowledge doubles every 3 1/2 years, so if your doctor has not kept pace, then he or she also is miserably out-of -date. Whom then suffers? Thats right. You Do!
This system will benefit anyone who wants to begin learning the very latest in BIOLOGICAL DENTAL HEALTHCARE.
WHAT IS BIOLOGICAL DENTISTRY?
Biological Dentistry, also known in some circles as holistic dentistry, is the equivalent to functional medicine as its goal is to get to the cause of your oral health issues. It is also termed Bio-compatible or Bio-mimetic dentistry. These names are synonymous and interchangeable. As we now know, thanks to The Harvard Medical School, inflammation is DIRECTLY -LINKED to the condition in your mouth. This means that ANY ORAL INFLAMMTION begets chronic inflammatory mediator release in ALL of your other organ systems. This is a VERY BIG DEAL, and is why we are so concerned with any infections that may be present in your mouth.!! Biological Dentistry deals with:
- Identifying infections of the teeth, face and jaws
- Understanding heavy metal toxicity and its physiological effects
- Knowing how to render damaging and toxic heavy metals inactive by proper removal (IAOMT Protocol)
- Implementing proper detoxification protocols
- Implementing detoxification protocols and detoxification testing
- Choosing the best biocompatible replacement dental materials (Serum compatibility testing)
- Understanding the oral inflammatory connection to chronic degenerative disease
- Utilizing applicable oral inflammatory disease bio-markers
- Understanding the role of proper nutrients in oral and systemic CDD
- Explaining the periodontal-oral inflammatory and cardiovascular connection (Oral Bio-Inflammatory testing)
- Knowing the functional orthodontic- TMD connection
- Understanding how to manage acute and chronic oral inflammation (NFkb)
- Identifying osteoporosis and its role in oral and gingival-periodontal health
- Practicing neuromuscular and functional appliance dentistry
- Incorporating dental sleep medicine and OSA into your patient care protocol.
- Improving the role of immunity by enhancing Secretory IgA function (The NEI-GI oral brain connection)
- Incorporating and utilizing nutrients that support oral health and bone health.
- Understanding PH, salivary, GI health and its connection to immune health.
- Identifying the most bio-compatible dental materials for your situation
- Utilizing natural methods to maintain oral systemic health (probiotics & sIgA)
- Managing pain naturally as a 1st line defense to reduce systemic SFX. (Side effects)
- To eliminate oral disease.
- To restore the oral environment to a healthy function and a healthy state.
- To eliminate gingivitis, periodontal disease, oral inflammation and infection.
- To eliminate cavitations, galvanism, and heavy metal toxicity.
- To restore proper TMD function and occlusal stability. (including neuro-muscular function)
- To eliminate arch instability and deficiency.
- To increase masticatory and orthognathic function.
WHAT IS THE CONNECTION?
What do all of these conditions have in common with each other? They are what you would call Chronic Degenerative Diseases. CDD’s all have a common thread running through their cause and they take many years to develop. They have a large metabolic component in their etiology.
What is the common thread running through all of these conditions?
- Age-Associated macular degeneration
- Allergic diseases
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Aortic valve stenosis
- Autoimmune disease
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Heart attack
- High blood pressure
- Kidney failure
- Metabolic syndrome
- Periodontal disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Surgical complications
THE ANSWER: “Chronic Inflammation”
Remember to always think in terms of WHOLE BODY SYSTEMS! Thanks to the Harvard Medical School, the connection is now firmly established. In 2001 they linked cardiovascular disease to periodontal disease. Since that time, many other CDD’s have now been linked to silent inflammation as well. Begin MODULE 1 on Inflammation.
American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine; http://www.a4m.com
“Natural forces are the healers of disease” ~Hippocrates 460-377 B.C.
Taking Responsibility for Your Health
“If people let government decide what foods they eat and which medicines they take their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny!” ~Thomas Jefferson
According to the U.S. Surgeon General…
“Of the 2.2 million deaths in America each year,
1.8 million of these are dietary-related.”
At a time when health care delivery changes with each passing day, it is time that you solidify your plan for optimal health for yourself and your family. This is one of the most important things that you must do!
YOUR HEALTH IS YOUR NUMBER ONE ASSET AND YOU MUST PROTECT IT!
Many of my patients are beginning to take responsibility for their own health. There are a lot of reasons for this, but I find a common thread is simply, because they want to. I also find my patients to be very engaged in their pursuit of optimal health. This begins in the mouth.
They are on a quest to find the right doctor, the right nutrients, and the right information concerning their own health. This seems to be a trend.
What is really at stake here is your health. Actually, it’s your life!
Then, on top of this, there is alleged misleading advertisingbrought toyou, courtesy ofthe food, medical, dental, and pharmaceutical industries, designed exclusively to sell products. There are tens of billions of dollars spent, per annum, on conventional medicine and even more on integrative and functional health care.
You do not have to be a prisoner of your genetic potential. Not Anymore!!
This program’s methodology treats the whole person, not just your symptoms.
Why Can’t My Doctor Keep Up?
The sheer volume of new findings is simply inundating doctors with reams of paperwork. Today, health practitioners are so overwhelmed with the crushing burden of bureaucracy and patient load they cannot possibly keep up with the explosion of new scientific data emerging daily!!
Doctor’s average over 15 hours per week doing paperwork
Adapted from Life Extension Magazine; www.lef.org/magazine/
“Any DEAD FISH can swim downstream.
It takes courage to swim upstream against the current” Rhea Perry
ANTI-AGING MEDICINE IS ALL ABOUT LIFESTYLE
LIFE IS 10% ABILITY and 90% ATTITUDE.
“If the treatment is killing your patient, then stop the treatment”
~Charles Krauthammer, MD
The primary tool in Disease Prevention
Preventive Aging Medicine is one of the fastest growing, newest specialties of Medicine and has the most profound effect on health and wellness. Rather than treating the symptoms of disease, Cellular Metabolic Medicine identifies the histological cause of illness and disease long before symptoms are evident.
Our goal is to improve quality of life through Health and Age Management by preventing disease at the cellular metabolic level. By identifying the blood, salivary or urinary markers for chronic degenerative diseases, silent inflammation can be controlled before it manifests itself as a disease state.
Now more than ever, people are searching for a better way to manage their health.
What they are looking for is…
- A scientifically-proven approach
- How to take charge of their own health because they believe in personal responsibility
- Knowing how to find a like-minded physician
- A new way to take control of making life changes for a healthier lifestyle
This program is designed to spare you from reading page after page of ineffective textual material and to get right to the heart of the health matter. It summarizes books, texts, seminars and journals for you, and gives you a roadmap to better health.
REMEMBER… YOUR HEALTH IS YOUR NUMBER ONE ASSET.
YOU MUST PROTECT IT!!!
Hospital infections kill 200 people a day in the United States
1 in 3 hospital patients admitted die within one year
“What saves a man is to take a step, then another” ~ C.S. Lewis
Returning to the Hippocratic Oath, we remember to:
“First, do no harm”
Then, the Ancient Adage:
“Let your food be your medicine”
WHAT’S WRONG WITH HAVING CROOKED TEETH?
we just wait, then fix them with braces?
Dr. Weston A. Price discovered that in all healthy societies, those eating a traditional diet which included some animal fats, proper vitamin and mineral content, had strong teeth and bones.
Their arches were also properly developed and their teeth were straight. If a child is lacking in proper growth, for any reason, FULL FACIAL DEVELOPMENT can still be accomplished by correcting the facial bony structure’s using functional orthopaedic correctors, early in a child’s developmental phase. How is this accomplished?
- Proper tongue position is on the palatal ruggae on the
roof of the mouth.
- Proper tongue position is instrumental in the developing of the dental arches.
- Normal arch position is influenced by proper tongue and muscle position.
- Thus, if the tongue and the muscles of the face are in the wrong position, the dental arches will not develop properly and will become constricted.
- Dental expansion appliances put your child’s tongue in the proper
position and influence the growth plates as they develop the arches laterally
- This is extremely important!
While we can create straight-looking teeth with traditional bicuspid extraction orthodontics, the dental arches necessarily become MORE CONSTRICTED and thiscontributes to moreTMJ DYSFUNCTION and less stability in long-term retention.
So if the dental arches, both upper and lower jaws, are not corrected before facial growth is completed, they will remain constricted or underdeveloped. Thus, the upper and lower jaws will not have enough space to accommodate all of the permanent teeth. This is really bad news!
Braces alone, do not address the underlying causes of restricted facial development and improper arch form.
- Once a child’s body has completed its growth phase, it is much more difficult to correct the narrow bony structures in the face.
- Although with good nutrition and early proper orthopedic expansion therapy, even after the growth phase, it is still possible to improve the facial structures as they continue to grow and achieve FULL FACIAL DEVELOPMENT.
- In fact, in many cases braces can make matters worse! Why? Because after the lack of proper nutrition and incomplete growth of the face and jaws, one may have corrected straight teeth with traditional orthodontics, but could still be permanently left with:
- Underdeveloped dental arches
- Underdeveloped sinuses in the head
- Narrow nasal passages
- Constricted ear canals
- Poor speech patterns
- Constricted glands in the head
- TMJ Clicking and popping
- A pre-disposition toward sleep apnea, OSA
- Stage 3-4 tonsillar constriction
- Malocclusion, (a bad bite)
- Limited space for the tongue
- A longer looking face
- A bigger looking nose
- A flatter lip profile
- Poor oral hygiene
- More dental decay
- Posteriorally-displaced condyles
- This causes the retruded chin look
- TMJ disorders
We can also correct the bone structure in future generations with good nutrition and proper development before conception, during pregnancy and growth.
WHAT is CRANIO-FACIAL ORTHOPAEDICS?
Facial orthopedics has the potential to improve functional conditions, promote a more favorable jaw relationship, guide the development of the dentition, and improve the position of misaligned teeth. This allows for more favorable placement of the:
- The Nose
- The Teeth
- The Chin
Functional Orthodontics or Early Interceptive Orthodontics
- Today, Orthodontists, Pediatric Dentists and General Dentists are discussing and treating orthopedic problems in the mixed dentition (early facial development) phase.
- Early treatment is superior treatment.
- Some Orthodontic practitioners gear their practices to treatment in the permanent dentition only. This completely misses a window of opportunity to capitalize on facial growth plates. We believe that capitalizing on facial growth is SUPERIOR TREATMENT.
- Clearly, an orthodpedic problem, such as a constricted (narrow) upper arch, a retrognathic mandible (displaced chin), or a deep overbite is much easier to treat in the mixed dentition. When treatment is instituted early, 80% of the malocclusion (bad bite) can be treated with orthopedic expansion appliances and the remaining 20% solved with the straight wire appliance (fixed braces).
- This two phase treatment approach ensures that in excess of 95% of our mixed dentition cases can be treated non-extraction and non-surgically
WHAT ARE SOME of the FUNCTIONAL ORTHOPAEDIC ISSUES?
- Dental Cross-bites
- Under developed arches (upper and lower)
- Crowded teeth
- Airway constriction
- Large tonsils
- TMJ Problems
- Deep bites
These problems should be corrected earlier rather than later. When we correct out these growth issues through orthopedic expansion you can sleep, breathe and talk better. The self-esteem factor will also improve with this procedure. The end results that we see in our clinic are nothing short of fantastic.
ORTHOPEDIC ORTHODONTICS: Three Phase Treatment
- Phase 1 Orthopedics, preparing the bone and dental arches
- Phase 2 Orthodontics, aligning the teeth (Brackets or Aligners)
- Phase 3 Retention, holding the teeth in their new position
Today, capitalizing on the growth plates, much like the tectonic plates in the Earth’s crust, gives us a substantial advantage in changing facial dynamics. Today, we are treating orthopedic problems in the mixed dentition.
Early treatment is superior treatment. Here’s why:
Two leading orthodontic researchers, Dr. Donald Woodside, Toronto, Ontario and Dr. James McNamara, Ann Arbor, Michigan, worked extensively with adolescent monkeys and functional jaw repositioning appliances and reported that condylar changes only occurred when the monkeys were actively growing.
The research clearly demonstrates that today’s orthopaedic clinician’s will obtain the ultimate response while the patient is actively growing. This is when the growth plates are active and the reason why earlier treatment is superior treatment.
Clearly, any orthopedic problem such as:
- a constricted maxillary arch
- a retrognathic mandible
- or a deep overbite
is much easier to treat in the mixed dentition phase. When treatment is instituted early, 80% of the malocclusions can be treated with orthopaedic appliances and the remaining 20% solved with the straight wire appliance (fixed braces) or clear-correct, cad -cam orthodontic trays.
This two phase treatment approach ensures that in excess of 95% of our mixed dentition cases can be treated non-extraction and non-surgically. The 3rd phase is the retention phase.
The bottom line is: that if we want the best treatment for our younger patients, we must treat orthopedic problems such as transverse, sagittal, vertical or functional problems in the mixed dentition stage, prior to the eruption of the permanent teeth.
The end result is that the newly widened dentition, which is done SLOWLY OVER TIME is MUCH MORE STABLE and LESS LIKELY to RELAPSE. ………………………This is very good news!!!
WHY SHOULD I DETOXIFY?
If I am breathing, drinking and eating but I don’t see, taste, feel or smell anything, then what’s the big deal! Well how about this: I Breathe oxygen and I do not taste or feel it either. Without O2, however, we’d all be dead, right?
Simply put, we should detoxify because we are all toxic, period, end of story! These toxins that remain within us are doing a lot of insidious damage. This is a process that needs to be performed on a reoccurring basis, say 2-3 times annually. Then, on a daily basis, measures need to be taken to limit the onslaught of toxic compounds entering your body.
This program can get you started on this very important process.
There are many excellent books on the market written about the subject of toxicity and detoxification. This is a long process which you must take seriously. Why? Because, when it’s completed, your immune system will be in much better shape. You will have more:
- To be able to fight off sickness and disease faster,
- Have fewer allergies, coughs and colds, and
- Have a greater memory.
- You will also be able to keep your weight at an ideal level
Get the picture? In some cases, major issues can be reversed or greatly improved. Ask your health care professional about helping you with this process.
The first step is to rid yourself of the major sources of mercury contamination from your mouth. Remember, “You can’t have a healthy body without a healthy mouth.”
The second step is to complete a colon cleanse.
The third step is to complete a liver and gall bladder cleanse.
Then we start a complete detoxification and chelation program with your practitioner, that includes, NUTRITION and LIFESTYLE changes that begin to address:
- What we eat
- What we think
- What we do
- What we drink and
- Whom we hang out with.
This is the very essence of a WHOLE BODY DETOXIFICATION PROGRAM
It’s a Toxic World
Detoxification for Improved Health
On the night preceeding the death of Gen. George Washington, a concoction of Calomel (mercury) was given to the President and a blood-letting procedure was performed, in which 35% of his blood was taken. He died the next day. We’ve come a long way since 1779……or have we? Let’s examine the concept of toxicity, dietary needs and the interplay between the two.
3 Sources of Daily Non-Work Related Toxicity
Food and Beverages
- Average consumption of about 10 pounds of chemical food additives per year
- Your liver has to process a 100 lb., drum of chemicals every 10 years
- Even the healthiest individuals struggle with this toxic load
- 650 industrial chemicals were dumped into our air and water in the year 2000. Reportedly, this equaled 7.1 billion pounds of toxic agents. [i]
- Daily we are putting chemicals on our bodies without a second thought
- Read the labels on your products (and your food too).
- In one day’s time the average person puts all of the chemicals listed below (or a similar list) on or in themselves.
Some examples include:
- Potassium Nitrate, Sodium Fluoride, D&C Yellow #10, FD&C Blue #1, Flavor, Glycerin, Hydrated Silica, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Saccharin, Sorbitol, Titanium Dioxode, Trisodium Phosphate, Water, Xanthan Gum.
- Aluminum Chlorohydrate, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, PPG-11 Stearyl Ether or PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Steareth-2, Stereth-20, Water, D&C Yellow #10, FD&C Red #4.
And many other products such as, shampoos, conditioners, hair sprays, cosmetics,
body lotions, etc.
Detox for Better Health
There is no escaping this sea of chemicals we live in. Years of exposure can result in a
myriad of chronic conditions. Many chronic unresolved conditions can often be resolved
with a complete detox and cleansing program.
Ideal Detoxification Candidates:
* Chronic Fatigue * Candida Overgrowth
* Allergies * Chronic Pain and Inflammation
* Environmental Sensitivities * Hormonal Imbalance
* Cognitive Dysfunction * TMD and Arthralgias * Intestinal Distress
In a recent study led by Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, researchers found after testing for 210 toxic chemicals, the average test subject had 91 industrial compounds, pollutants, and other chemicals in their blood and urine.
The nine subjects carried an average toxic burden of:
- 53 chemicals linked to cancer
- 62 chemicals that are toxic to the brain and nervous system
- 58 chemicals that interfere with the hormone system
- 55 chemicals associated with birth defects or abnormal development
- 55 chemicals toxic to the reproductive system
- 53 chemicals toxic to the immune system
The laboratory also found 48 different PCB’s in the nine subjects even though PCB’s were banned in the United States over 25 years ago.
It is evident by this report that no matter how diligent we are with a clean diet we cannot escape the toxins in our environment. The chronically ill may be suffering from a toxic load that they cannot overcome.
Across the country, coal-burning electric power plants are the largest source of mercury, but in the Northeast, municipal waste incinerators are the greatest source. (9/19/2000, The Daily Hampshire Gazette; “Rain Yields High Levels of Mercury”)
In the year 2000, major US industries reported dumping 7.1 billion pound of 650 industrial chemicals into our air and water. ii
EPA 2000 toxic release inventory
Facts about Heavy Metal Toxicity
You may hear us talk a lot about heavy metal toxicity. Inflammation: is at the root of all disease and illness. What causes the inflammation? One of the primary causes is toxic exposure to chemicals and heavy metals in our environment. I fully believe that one day we will recognize heavy metal toxicity as one of the most devastating contributions to the decline of our health.
The link between heavy metals and serious health problems has been well established by various health advocacy groups. These disorders include autism, Alzheimer’s, and cancer to name a few. The FDA and ADA have been persistent at negating the link between heavy metals and devastating illness.
Finally, the ADA has issued a statement regarding mercury exposure and health concerns. Can you imagine the domino effect of enormous class action lawsuits if the truth were revealed?
I am in constant debate with those in the dental industry about the effects of mercury amalgams. I don’t need the stamp of approval from the ADA to know that mercury is very dangerous! I see the effects of it daily in my practice. Disorders such as autism, Alzheimer’s, bipolar disorder, and hypertension have been linked to mercury toxicity.
Interestingly enough, Thimerosal, the preservative in vaccines, contains 250 times the accepted amount of mercury exposure recommended by the FDA. Why is it that we administer these vaccines at alarming rates to our children? And, we administer a large number of them before a child’s immune system is developed enough to fight the effects of mercury.
Heavy metals consist of aluminum, lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic, tin, etc. While they are naturally occurring, these heavy metals are dangerous to the human body in excessive levels. They get into the body and cause damage by “landing” in blood vessels, organs and glands.
This can cause a myriad of health problems from hypertension, thyroid dysfunction, hormonal imbalance, to devastating illnesses such as cancer.
How do we rid the body of heavy metals? We can remove a large amount of the metals through a process called chelation. There are several agents used in chelation: EDTA, DMSA, DMPS, and others. EDTA is the most common agent and approved by the FDA for its use in chelation. Chelation needs to be done in a safe manner by trained professionals.
Heavy metals and the healthy minerals of the body have a similar charge that is attracted by the chelating agents. It is important to make sure that the mineral levels in the body do not drop significantly during chelation. This could result in cardiac problems, kidney problems, bone density loss, and fatigue.
Evaluating heavy metals could possibly save you from a life threatening disorder such as cancer. The process of diagnosing heavy metal toxicity involves an evaluation, a hair analysis, and possibly a urine toxic screening test.
Hair Analysis: The cost for hair analysis is around 75 dollars. The hair analysis is used primarily as a measurement of our beneficial minerals, although it can be a screening tool for heavy metals as well. Hair has a memory in regards to toxicity.
You can get a good reading of current health status simply by sending off a sample of the hair close to the roots. We can assist you with obtaining this hair sample or we can give you the kit to obtain the hair sample on your own. Prior to obtaining a hair sample, you must wash your hair with baby shampoo only.
Be aware that chemicals applied to the hair through bleaching, dye, or perms, can affect the results of a hair analysis. The results are usually available within 2 weeks. Low mineral status is a strong culprit in problems such as osteoporosis, restless leg syndrome, and fatigue.
Urine Toxic Screening: While this method costs more, it is the most accurate method of diagnosing heavy metal toxicity. The process involves administering a chelating agent, such as EDTA, through an IV. In situations involving significant health problems, the urine toxic screening proves to be an invaluable tool for diagnosis and treatment.
The cost of urine toxic screening is around 290 dollars. Depending on the status of kidney functioning, the IV takes about 30 minutes to 2 hours to infuse. After the IV, you will leave the office and collect your urine for 6 hours. The urine is sent off, with a prepaid fed-ex label, to a company called Doctor’s Data or Metametrix. Results are available within 2 weeks.
What if I have heavy metal toxicity? Treatment depends on your health status. This is determined upon evaluation by a health professional and by lab results indicating the functioning of the kidneys. Once this has been established, treatment may include IV chelation, suppositories, or an oral method. A blend of all 3 may be used.
A series of 15 to 20 chelation’s may be necessary to successfully remove the metal, sometimes more or less, depending on the level of toxicity. We may also recommend mega C IV’s on a rotation during chelation to replace some of the beneficial minerals that chelation can remove.
The cost of IV chelation is around 100 dollars per treatment. The cost of the suppository/oral protocol is around 60 to 80 dollars a month. While this may seem like an expensive undertaking, it is much cheaper than treating a devastating illness.
Adapted, Tammy Worrell, NP
MERCURY TOXICITY SENSITIVITY QUESTIONNAIRE
- Sore gums (gingivitis) Yes No
- Mental symptoms such as confusion, forgetfulness Yes No
- Severe depression Yes No
- Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus) Yes No
- TMJ (Temporal Mandibular Joint) problems Yes No
- Unusual shakiness (tremors) of hands or arms Yes No
- Brown spots or aging spots Yes No
- Colds, flu, infectious diseases Yes No
- Food allergies or intolerances Yes No
- Have you been to many doctors regarding your health Yes No
- Numbness, burning in mouth and gums Yes No
- Numbness or unexplained tingling in arms and legs Yes No
- Difficulty in walking (ataxia) Yes No
- Four or more silver or amalgam fillings Yes No
- A metallic taste in your mouth Yes No
- Worked as a painter or in chemical manufacturing
Pesticide/fungicide factories (fungicides w/methyl mercury)
or pulp/paper mills that used mercury Yes No
- Worked as a dentist, hygienist, or dental assistant Yes No
- Candida Related Complex (CRC) or yeast infections Yes No
- Bad breath (halitosis) or white tongue (thrush) Yes No
- Low basal body temperature (below 97.4 degrees F) Yes No
- Constipation Yes No
- Heart irregularities or rapid pulse (tachycardia) Yes No
- Arthritis Yes No
- Mucus in stools Yes No
- Chest pains Yes No
- Poor sleep or insomnia Yes No
- Frequent kidney infections or kidney problems Yes No
- Extreme Fatigue Yes No
- Irritability or dramatic changes in behavior Yes No
- Using antidepressants or antacids? Yes No
- Do you have trigeminal neuralgia or other neuralgias? Yes No
Test Score Meanings:
Those who answer yes to 3 or more questions may have hidden toxic metal poisoning.
A toxic metal screening is recommended using provoked urine challenge and or hair analysis and or the porphyrins test by Metametrix.
www.designs for health.com
Cellular Metabolic Medicine
Why do I keep referring to this as Cellular Metabolic Medicine?
What’s important here is what is happening inside of the cell. That is where all the action is. So when we talk about metabolic function we are really talking about metabolism or what is being burned for energy inside of the cell, usually within the tiny energy factory’s called mitochondria. These are like “energizer bunnies” inside each of your cells.
After the energy burn, kind of like Apollo-13, what’s left over, are compounds called METABOLITES, which yield essential information about your health condition, when measured and analyzed.
Conventional or pharmaceutical medicine waits for the big event to happen then applies the suitable and necessary medication or surgical intervention.
Cellular Metabolic Medicine is…
- Outside of the “Western traditional allopathic medical prescription pad, disease model,” or
Symptom Management Medicine.
The reduction of chronic inflammation is the key to health and can be measured by the markers listed below in the laboratory testing section.
- Alkaline reserves
- Anabolic and catabolic states
- Bio-Inflammatory markers
- Body mass Index (BMI)
- Bone index levels
- Cardiovascular biomarkers
- Digestive inflammatory biomarker’s
- Enzyme levels
- Genetic markers and DNA- SNP’s marker’s
- Hormone levels
- Immune modulators
- Key cytokine markers for inflammation
- Metabolic co-factors
- Muscle mass
- Neurotransmitter levels
- Organic acids
- Vitamins and minerals (Micro and Macro-nutrients)
“Exercise is king, nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom”
~ Jack LaLane
Inflammation and Atherosclerosis
32 WAYS TO REVERSE THE AGING PROCESS
How then, do I begin to reverse the aging process, or is it even possible? The answer is yes. Remember, this is NOT a MAGIC BULLET solution as almost all TV advertising would have you believe. You need a WHOLE BODY, WHOLE SYSTEMS PROGRAM approach, like the one you are looking at right now!
This program will address in detail the 32 anti-aging issues below and guide you on the journey to a youthful new you. These are the physiologic processes that you must understand and pay attention to:
How many of these are you familiar with?
- Alkalinity and Acidity Balance, inflammation and obesity control
- ATP, Generation of energy production
- Auto-Immune Control, balancing of Secretory IgA
- Bio-Energized Water (living water), cellular hydration
The Importance of Bio-Energized Water
“BIO-ENERGIZED WATER is LIVING WATER”
~Dr. Oleg Yasko
Your body is 70% water and your brains
bioplasm, is 85% water.
Think this may be a good place to start?
- Blood Sugar Control, the metabolic syndrome
- Blood Viscosity, ZSP. Zeta-Spin Potential
- Bone Porosity and EMT, Electro-Magnetic Therapy
- Cellular Membrane Integrity, ion channels, balancing
- Cell- Receptor Site Sensitivity, Receptor Signaling
- Chelation, Zeolites, and Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Detoxification and liver cleansing, cleaning your oil filter
- Dietary Endocrinology, you are what you eat and absorb
- DNA Protection, via methylation and MTHF Reductase testing
- Enzyme Balance, for proper digestion and metabolism
- FROS Control, free radical oxidative stress control
- Hormonal Balance, this is the symphony conductor for the whole body
- Inflammatory Control and control of NFK beta
- Iodine levels, including proper salt and mineral levels
- LGS, Stomach pH, probiotics and the microbiome
- Muscle Mass, BIA, BMI, VP, vibrational power plate usage
- NEI Axis, the neuro, endocrine, immune -axis
- Neurotransmitter Balance, stop the loss of brain voltage by neurogenesis
- Nutri-Genomics, what you eat affects your genes
- O2 Utilization and HRV, heart rate variability
- Parasympathetic and Sympathetic Nervous System, the ultimate in stress control
- Periodontal Health, povidine iodine and saturated salt solution
- Phytonutrient, glycoprotein Integrity, 8 essentials sugars, glycophospholipids
- Mitochondrial support and, the energy cycle
- Sirtuin Gene Suppression by trans-Resveratrol and ECGC, green tea extract
- Sleep and OSA, obstructive sleep apnea and insomnia solutions
- Stress Control, HPA-Axis control, adrenal support and fatigue control
- Vitamin D3, this is an amazing hormone, not just a vitamin
This program will address all of these including many more!
Some of the Metabolic Tests in this program include:
- Advanced Inflammatory testing (cytokine testing to measure markers of inflammation)
- Candida albicans testing (for the control of yeast)
- Celiac antibody testing (for celiac disease and irritable bowel syndrome)
- Digestive testing (for functional problems in the G-I tract)
- ELISA testing (for food sensitivities and latent food allergies that are making you sick)
- Heavy metal toxicity testing (for chronic toxic metal accumulation)
- Hormonal testing (to determine your bio-available levels of your sex hormones)
- Immunoglobulin testing (for the evaluation of your immune system)
- Neurotransmitter testing (this is a test for brain function, sleep and addictive behavior)
- Organic acid testing (this evaluates the citric- acid metabolites for energy production)
- Serum compatibility testing (used to determine which dental materials are safe for you)
- Testing of vital neurotransmitters (for adrenal problems)
- Testing for osteoporosis (a bio-marker evaluation to assess bone mineral density)
- 4-point salivary cortisol testing (for adrenal fatigue. Gives you the true cycling of cortisol)
For a complete listing of all the tests and panels in this program, see the module “Your Anti-Aging Report Card”. Your healthcare provider can help you to evaluate the laboratory findings.
Lastly, you can begin to formulate your personalized health care plan, utilizing
ALL OF THE INFORMATION YOU’VE GATHERED.
This includes your checklists, laboratory results, provider input and the PROTOCOL LISTS for each specific condition that ails you.
SMALL AMOUNTS OF SWEETENER’S HAVE A DRAMATIC EFFECT ON THE BLOOD!
Nicolas Martin, MD; A4M lecture, 2008
LABORATORY TESTING Why do we test in saliva, urine and blood spot?
The Laboratory testing in this program enables you to identify the underlying cause(s) of the many chronic health ailments that typically evade conventional symptom -based serum panel analysis. (traditional blood tests) That is what makes this program new and unique.
“This core concept is gaining favor among consumers and forward thinking doctors”.
Some of the tests include:
- ELISA testing, for food sensitivities
- Serum compatibility testing, for bio-compatible dental materials
- Candida albicans testing
- Food sensitivity testing
- Celiac antibody testing
- Heavy metal toxicity testing
- Immunoglobulin testing
- Testing of vital Neurotransmitters
- Testing for Osteoporosis
- 4-point salivary Cortisol testing, etc.
- Hormonal testing
- Digestive testing, to check for bacteria and gut flora
- CDSA is best for digestive analysis.
- Organic acid testing
- Methylation Testing
- Advanced inflammatory testing (cytokine testing)
For a complete listing of all the tests and panels in this program, see your “Anti-Aging report card module “. This module lists the tests and bio-markers that are a central part of the program.
We use the medium below for accuracy and ease of testing.
This core testing concept is gaining favor among consumers and forward -thinking doctors. Testing metabolic bio-markers is the best way to determine what is happening inside of your cells, because cellular metabolic changes take place a long time before a symptom shows up.
Laboratory medium used for testing:
- Bloodspot: a simple poke in the finger will yield enough blood for your test results
- CDSA: the best all-around test for digestive issues is the Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis.
- Hair analysis: for toxic metals
- Salivary: this is best for intra-cellular levels and hormone levels because that is where the action is. Inside the cell is where the bio-markers actually work. This is the Bio-Available Hormone Level.
- Serum (whole blood): thisis considered by most insurance companies to be the gold standard for some testing. Remember however, that blood is a transport medium only as it carries hormones, minerals, etc. Hormones are bound to binding proteins and in large part, are unavailable for use in the blood.
- Urinary: It is better to look at the metabolic metabolites. This looks at the pathways of the hormones and glucocorticoid breakdown products. It’s like looking at your checkbook ledger and trying to figure out where all your money was spent. This is the, “spent portion of the metabolites”.In many cases, it takes years for the disease state to show signs and symptoms.
However, metabolic changes will occur and the metabolites can be measured years in advance. This is invaluable information on your road to optimal health.
Conventional insurance policies usually do not cover these tests.
“Life is on the wire”
Silent Inflammation and Cytokine Testing
A holistic approach to dentistry is an open door to understanding the connection between Silent Inflammation and chronic degenerative disease. Inflammation can be easily detected in the oral cavity with Oral Bio-Inflammation Cytokine testing. We employ Anti-Aging laboratories in our clinic that utilize this type of inflammatory testing.
What is Silent Inflammation?
“Silent Inflammation is a condition that occurs when the body’s natural immune response goes awry. It’s been linked to heart disease, cancer, diabetes, even dementia and other health threats; and it can go on for years, undetected.” ~Dr. Barry Sears
The paradigm shift to the silent inflammatory disease model is the centerpiece of our dentistry treatment program. Inflammation is a necessary part of the healing process, but when it kicks into overdrive it causes disease instead of healing. It is a silent killer much like high blood pressure or diabetes.
What causes Silent Inflammation?
- Bleeding gums
- Periodontal disease
- Infected teeth
- Failed root canals
- Trans-fatty acids
- Inflammatory foods
- Mercury fillings
- Electro-magnetic radiation
- Chronic stress
- Indoor air pollution
- Heavy metal toxicity
- ALL pharmaceutical drugs
- Automobile exhaust
- Cigarette smoke
- Refined sugars
- Fast foods
- Lack of sleep
- Unbalanced hormones
- UV radiation
- Low hormone levels
- Eating too much